Avoid “We Buy Houses” Scams.
There's only one HomeVestors.
Only HomeVestors is America's #1 home buyer.
The name We Buy Ugly Houses® has been around for decades, and for cash home buyers trying to cut corners, using our mark is an easy way for them to use our credibility for their own gain. But don’t be fooled — HomeVestors and our franchisees are the only entities legally allowed to call ourselves the “We Buy Ugly Houses®” people.
If they call themselves “We Buy Ugly Houses® people” and they aren’t with HomeVestors, they aren’t legit.
"Cash for Homes" scams and “We Buy Houses” scams.
In fact, there’s a number of “cash for homes” and “we buy houses” scams out there by other home buying companies, not to mention the self-proclaimed real estate gurus promising easy cash for little work. Scores of shady businesses are popping up offering everything from fake loan audits, foreclosure counseling, “government” modification programs and even “we buy houses” scams.
How do you avoid these scams?
- Don’t trust a survey. When companies ask you to self-evaluate your home, they’re more likely trying to find out more information about your house and neighborhood.
- No visit, no offer. A survey, phone call or anything other than a personal visit may not produce an accurate offer and cash home buying investors know that. That’s why some will reduce the initial offer once they actually visit your house.
- Know what you pay for. Some companies have been known to charge outlandish service and market risk fees that greatly reduce the offer. We call these “hidden fees.”
- Don’t get deserted. When people sell their houses quickly, some cash home buyers will include a clause in the contract that says they can pull out of the sale as many as ten days after the contract is signed.
- Do your research. Some companies have been around for 15 minutes, and some just moved into town. Trust cash home buyers that are experienced, and can help you throughout the process.
- Make it personal. Make sure you deal with a real person that is with you every step of the sale. Call centers or remote offices may be unable to give you the attention you deserve.
HomeVestors does not ask for any money at any point in the transaction. You are the one who gets paid when dealing with us.
Go with number one.
HomeVestors®, the “We Buy Ugly Houses® People” has bought over 100,000 houses since 1996, making us America’s #1 home buyer. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Our firm offer will not change before closing.
- We always see your property in person before making an offer.
- We are with you every step of the sale.
- You can close quickly. We make it easy.
Most of all, we handle your unique situation personally and professionally and have the experience and know-how to handle close on your house as promised. Read HomeVestors reviews. Why work with anyone else?
We're all about honesty and transparency.
Let’s get started for free today with the cash home buyer you can trust. No obligation and no pressure. Just a quick visit to your house and we can then make you a fair cash offer on the spot!