Selling a House to We Buy Ugly Houses® and HomeVestors®
If you have questions about selling your home for cash to HomeVestors of America®, also known as We Buy Ugly Houses®, you’re on the right page. You’ll find answers to the most frequently asked questions related to selling a home to HomeVestors.
Who usually sells their houses to HomeVestors?
Great question. Actually, that’s one of the most frequently asked questions we get here at HomeVestors, and the answer is simple. Homeowners from all walks of life sell houses, homes and properties to HomeVestors for a number of reasons, including:
- Relocating to another city or state
- Facing foreclosure because of delinquent mortgage payments
- Needing to liquidate assets due to divorce, medical bills, or other cash need
- Wanting to sell a property inheritance quickly
- Not having the money or desire to make necessary home repairs
- Getting rid of problematic rental property
- And More
If you’re interested in selling your home, it’s important to know that the thing most of the people selling their houses to HomeVestors franchisees have in common is the need to sell quickly to a reputable home buyer who can ensure a fast, hassle free closing and all cash sale.
What is an "ugly" house?
This FAQ has a broader answer than most people expect. Our definition of ugly includes homes that are cosmetically ugly, homes with serious repair or structural issues, and homes that keep homeowners captive in an ugly situation. Another of our frequently asked questions that fits in with the answer to this question is: “What makes a situation ugly?” This typically includes:
- Houses in undesirable areas or in high crime neighborhoods
- Houses in areas prone to storm damage, such as homes in flood plains
- Houses that are no longer convenient for homeowners, such as with a long commute to a new job
- Houses with bad memories for a homeowner, such as death, tragic experience, or divorce
- Houses with negative mortgage financing terms or high interest rates
- Houses with high payments or upside down mortgage balances
- Houses that cause any other type of disadvantage to a homeowner
How does the process work when selling your home to HomeVestors?
- Call us at (866) 200-6475 or fill out our contact form to give us some simple information about your home.
- We’ll have a HomeVestors franchisee in your area contact you immediately to schedule a visit to your home.
- Our franchisee will visit your home in person, explain the process of selling your home, answer all of your questions, and evaluate your home’s condition, before making a fair, no-obligation offer to purchase your home for cash. Accepting our franchisee’s cash offer is all up to you.
- If you accept the offer, we’ll set up a closing usually within 30 days. We’ll pay cash for your home, pay all normal closing costs and you’ll get out of your ugly home fast. That’s the entire process.
Can I expect a market value offer for my home?
When selling your home, our HomeVestors franchisee will consider the condition of your home, and will make a fair offer to pay cash. In determining the offer, our franchisee will discount from the estimated retail value after it’s fully renovated. This means our franchisee will buy your home, but at a price that is below market value due to necessary repairs, renovation and other factors. They buy homes for cash, renovate them, and resell them for a profit or rent them out to qualified tenants.
However, you will enjoy the conveniences of an all cash closing when selling your home to HomeVestors. You won’t have to deal with any mortgage approval hassles, you won’t have to pay any normal closing costs, and you don’t have to make repairs to your home. Close in 30 days of receiving an offer for cash, and you’re out of your ugly house.
How do you determine the price you will offer for my house?
HomeVestors takes a number of factors into consideration when determining a cash offer. After visiting your home and going over our frequently asked questions and any additional questions you may have, our representative will evaluate:
- The existing condition of your home
- The extent and cost of repairs needed to resell your home
- The time it will take to finish needed repairs
- The value of your home compared to other comparable homes in the area
- The real estate commission required to resell your home
- The costs associated with maintaining your home during repairs, including taxes, payments, insurance, utilities, homeowner dues, and more
Does HomeVestors buy condos and townhomes too?
Yes, this is one of our great frequently asked questions because many people think our franchisees only buy single family homes. Our franchisees buy single family homes, duplexes, multitenant buildings, townhomes, condos, apartments, and occasionally some commercial properties.
Does HomeVestors buy mobile homes?
No. If you’re selling your home and it’s a mobile or manufactured home, HomeVestors will be unable to make an offer. This is regardless of whether it’s on a fixed foundation or tied down.
Do I have to pay a fee for HomeVestors to make an offer on my home?
No. You never have to pay anything for HomeVestors to make an offer when you’re interested in selling your home for cash. Our franchisees will schedule a visit at a time that’s convenient for you, answer your questions, evaluate your home, and make an all cash offer with no obligation, and at no cost to you.
Do I have to sell to HomeVestors if I contact you for a cash offer?
No. You’re never obligated to sell to HomeVestors when we submit an offer. You can choose to accept our cash offer, or you can choose not to. The decision is all up to you and the offer is with no obligation and no cost to you.
Who is HomeVestors of America?
Based in Dallas, TX, HomeVestors of America, Inc., also known as We Buy Ugly Houses franchise®, is a network of franchised home buyers. We’re the number one cash home buyer in the United States, and have been in Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Franchise 500” for an incredible five consecutive years. We have over 1,000 independent franchisees in 33 different states.
Are all companies saying they buy “ugly houses” affiliated with HomeVestors?
No. This is another important FAQ because not every “ugly house” buyer is affiliated with HomeVestors of America® or We Buy Ugly Houses®. Any individuals or businesses outside of HomeVestors of America or We Buy Ugly Houses using the “We Buy Ugly Houses” slogan is not affiliated with us in any way. We take protecting our brand and protecting our franchisees seriously. That’s why we aggressively pursue individuals and businesses trying to defraud or deceive home sellers by using our trademarked slogan.
HomeVestors is a franchise. Each office is independently owned and operated. This is not a franchise offering. A Franchise offering can only be made by a uniform franchise offering circular. All HomeVestors franchise programs are subject to change due to market conditions or availability of funds. Financing programs are not guaranteed by the franchise agreement.
In accordance with the Law, all property
is offered without respect to race, color, creed,
national origin, sex, familial status or disability.