Tips to sell your home fast
Posted in Sell A House Fast on March 14, 2023
When is the best season to sell my house fast?You may be wondering when the best season is to sell your house. If you want to sell your home faster, the spring and summer are generally the best times of the year, when buyers are most active. According to ATTOM, a company that collects real estate data, the best months to sell a house are May, June, and July.
However, there are certain advantages to selling a property in offseason months as well. As there tend to be fewer listings on the market during winter months, you may be able to stand out more—especially if you know how to utilize this unique advantage effectively.
Another thing to consider is how long you want to have your house on the market. Days on Market (DOM), or how long your house is listed, affects how potential buyers value your house. The longer it sits on the market, the less attractive it will be to any potential buyers.
The real estate market can be unpredictable and riddled with competition; however, following these tips to sell your home will help you make the process easier no matter what time of year it is.
Find the right real estate agent.Finding the right real estate agent is one of the most important tips for selling your home quickly. A good real estate agent can help you set a good asking price, provide counsel and resources, and have access to market knowledge. To ensure you hire the best agent, you should:
- Research potential agents and make sure they have a track record of successfully selling homes similar to yours.
- Ask potential agents if they would be comfortable with an open listing or exclusive right-to-sell agreement. An open listing would mean you would like the help of multiple agents. An exclusive right-to-sell agreement means that you are hiring one agent to mitigate the sale.
- Make sure your agent is familiar with current market conditions in your area and can effectively manage negotiations on your behalf.
- Ask for references from past clients.
Sell your house FSBO.When you’re determined to sell your house fast, you might also consider going the FSBO (for sale by owner) route. If done right, you can maximize the profits of your house sale and beat out the competition. Here are some tips to sell your home FSBO:
- Research your local market and know what houses in your area are selling for. You don’t want to overprice or underprice your home, as this can hurt your chances of selling fast.
- Set a price that’s just right—too low and buyers may be skeptical, too high and buyers may pass it up for a cheaper alternative.
- Maximize visibility by getting listed on local listing sites and home search engines such as Zillow and Trulia, putting up ads in local stores or newsletters, and staging open houses.
Make renovations and repairs.Prepping your house for sale is an important part of the selling process. Before putting your house on the market, you should give it a fresh look with a few simple renovations and repairs. Even small projects like painting, replacing fixtures, and tidying up can make your house more appealing to buyers.
Renovations and repairs don’t have to break the bank. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Paint the walls in neutral colors.
- Replace old fixtures.
- Perform basic DIY repairs.
- Replace broken or outdated appliances.
- Tidy up with professional cleaning services.
- Clean out clutter around the home and clear out closets, pantries, shelves, etc.
Remember curb appeal!Curb appeal is an essential factor in determining a buyer's first impression of a property. The exterior appearance of a home should make buyers excited to take a look inside and put in an offer.
Take some time to spruce up your property. Simple maintenance like mowing the lawn and trimming bushes can go a long way in attracting buyers. Laying down new mulch and planting flowers can do wonders for your home’s exterior.
As you get closer to the end of spring and the beginning of summer, focus on creating usable outdoor space or stage your yard with patio furniture.
If you’re short on time or funds, ensure that the property is clean and presentable by adding some decorations like balloons and flyers, as well as removing any clutter from the property.
Price your home right.When it comes to pricing, knowing the market is key.
The best way to ensure you are pricing your home correctly is to take advantage of real estate comps. Comps are comparable homes in your area that have sold in the last 6 months. Comparable homes are properties that share many of the same features. Comps will match the square footage, the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and the overall condition of your house. They should be around the same age, and they should have similar renovation and repair histories. These comps can provide you with an accurate estimate of what a buyer should be willing to pay for your house.
Offer incentives.When you do find a buyer, you should do everything you can to make your offer the most attractive. One way to do this is to offer buyer incentives. Incentives are additional promises you make with the sale.
Some incentives you may want to include in your offer are:
- An extended warranty on appliances or other items that come with the house
- A home inspection prior to the sale so that any issues are addressed beforehand
- Flexible payment options, such as offering to pay the buyer’s closing costs, as part of the purchase agreement
- Credit toward closing costs or allowances for repairs or upgrades for items that need attention
Know your options.Even with these home-selling tips, going through the traditional listing process can be hard and expensive. It requires cleaning and maintaining the property, and it might also require expensive repairs. That's not to mention the cost of hiring an agent or the cost of selling FSBO.
Luckily, you have other options to consider when you’re trying to decide how to sell your house. You can work with your local independently owned and operated HomeVestors® franchise that can buy your house “as is.” This means no repairs, no maintenance, and no cleaning. It also means no listings, no showings, and no bargaining with buyers.
Sell to a cash home buyer.If you’re looking to expedite the selling process, selling to your local cash home buyer may be the best option for you. HomeVestors is America’s premier cash home buyer, and we have been helping sellers get cash for their houses for over 25 years.
We provide you with the opportunity for a stress-free transaction and know how to make the process easy for sellers.
Our fast buying process.HomeVestors is the local cash home buyer designed with convenience in mind. With our easy 3-step process, you can get cash for your house in no time. Give us a call and we will come to you free of charge for a free consultation—you don't even have to leave the comfort of your home! Once your local buyer has assessed the property, we can offer you a fair, all-cash offer. If you do accept our offer, we can close fast, sometimes in just 3 weeks! If that's too soon, no worries—we'll work with you to figure out the best time. Better yet, since we never charge commissions or hidden fees, all that cash stays with you. Let HomeVestors get you cash for your home today!
Contact us at 866-200-6475 for a free, no-obligation consultation and get a fair, all-cash offer on your house!