Don’t let just anyone buy your house.
What is the cost of selling a house in Atlanta?
Selling a house through a real estate agent or selling FSBO (for sale by owner) in Atlanta probably costs more than you think. “Americans selling their homes can spend nearly $21,000 making repairs and paying real agent commissions,” according to CBS News. It can be an expensive endeavor to sell your house on the traditional market.
What is the cost of selling a house in Atlanta the traditional way?
On average, the total cost of selling a house is about 10% of the sale price. Several factors may cause this percentage to fluctuate. If you sell your house via a real estate agent, you’ll have to go through multiple steps in order to sell:
- Hire a real estate agent.
- Assess your house or have a pre-home inspection to decide what repairs and updates are needed to sell on the housing market, then figure what your budget allows for updates such as painting, carpet cleaning, etc.
- Have your house photographed for the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and marketing.
- Declutter your house and stage it to make the best impression on potential buyers.
- Prepare your house for showings and open houses, and always keep on top of cleaning.
- Negotiate with buyers.
If you decide to go the FSBO route, you will be responsible for performing all the above steps yourself, without the expertise of a real estate agent. Gathering all the proper papers, forms, and documents needed to close is especially difficult.
Common house-selling fees covered by HomeVestors®
- Pre home inspection: Our property specialists do their own inspection when they do a walkthrough tour of your house, and since we buy houses in all sorts of conditions, a pre-inspection isn’t necessary. We will give you a fair cash offer after looking at your house; no licensed inspections are involved.
- Preparing the house for the real estate market: When you sell to HomeVestors®, there’s no need to make repairs or upgrades to your house because we buy houses “as is.”
- Staging a house: Staging is not needed when selling a house to HomeVestors. We buy off-market and “as is.”
- Photography sessions: Photographs of your house aren’t needed when you sell to HomeVestors, since we buy houses directly.
- Closing costs for sellers: Typical closing costs are paid for by HomeVestors.
- Real estate agent commissions: Real estate agents are not involved when you sell your house to HomeVestors, since you sell directly to us. We charge no commissions and have no hidden fees.
- Seller concessions: A seller concession is part of negotiating the price on a house that’s used to entice buyers to purchase and typically isn’t necessary when selling to a cash home buyer.
- Title insurance: If the property specialist who buys your house decides to get title insurance (it’s optional), the seller does not pay for it unless that is expressly stated at closing.
HomeVestors is a cash home buyer. We cover most typical costs when you sell your house to us, so you can save money and walk away with cash in hand.